genealogy in scandinavia

Äldre efterlysningar
[2005] [2006] [2007] [2008] [2009] [2010] [2011] [2012] [2013] [2014] [2015] [2016]

Jonssön, Hanna, Vollsjö, levde 1879-19382013-05-27 15:14

Direktlänk http://forum.scangen.se/?svar=16155
2009-10-16 21:20 

Looking for Hanna Jonssön and her family.  She may have been born in either Vollsjö, Skane or Köpinge, Kristianstad abt 1879.  Mother may have been Christina; father may have been Anders.  It is thought that she had a twin sister possibly named Christina.  She may have had another sister maybe named Hilma and a brother, possibly named Anders.  Believe she had a nephew named Henning William Jonssön born 1899.  She emigrated to the U.S. in abt 1900, finally settled in Norwood, MA.  She married a Finn named Leander Justus Gottberg.

Klicka för en större bild

2009-10-16_Hanna.jpg
  SVAR 2009-10-17 00:06

Hello!

I think her name was Hannah Andersson, at least that"s the name she"s using when she marries Justus Leander Gottberg in Norwood, MA in 1904. So, her father"s name may be Anders.

I"ll see if I can find a Hanna Andersson entering the country between 1899 (she states 1899 and 1900 in various census to be the year) and 1901.

My best,
Susanna
  SVAR 2009-10-17 15:25

Hello,

Hanna Andersson (the name Jönsson crossed out from ship manifest) is sailing from Liverpool to Boston on November 22 1900. She is going to her cousin Paulina Nilsson. This Hanna may very well be yours. She"s matching a Hanna Andersson leaving Göteborg and Sweden on November 16, 1900. This Hanna is supposedly from Laholm. It may or may not be her place of birth. Will have to look deeper. 

Back later,
Susanna
  SVAR 2009-10-17 18:12

Two Hanna emigrated from Gothenburg November 16, 1900 - together. Hanna Jönsson and Hanna Andersson. Both born in 1878 or 1879, both from Laholm.
  SVAR 2009-10-17 18:32

Hej Bo! Interesting. So maybe that"s the reason for her being called Andersson and Jönsson - Jönsson crossed out though, in the ship manifest? Could it be the same person? Double names? Check the manifest with Hanna Andersson coming in to Boston late Nov, did not have a date of arrival - only dept. from Liverpool Nov 22.

I have found one possible Hanna/Johanna in Laholm. Unfortunately Laholm is huge but I did look into the landsforsamling and found 1 Johanna born on Sept 11 in 1879. Parents Jöns Andersson and Christina Olsdotter. They moved around quite a bit, Johanna is the youngest, no twin sister, but several siblings, one is Charlotte, sister b in 1870. A brother named Anders. Father died in 1883. This is only ONE possible match. I followed her all the way up til last available hh exams for Laholm, 1894 when she"s in Trulstorp No 1. And dead end. I suggest that Karen tries to get hold of a dc so we can get a date of birth, and year. It would be so much easier. Right now we"re only guessing. We could be far far away from the truth.

Susanna
  SVAR 2009-10-18 15:28

Hej Karen! 

Bo and I did some more research about the Hanna Jönsson/Andersson from Laholm. Sister Charlotte had two children out-of-wedlock, of which one was named Henning Villiam (b 1892 Laholm). That fact and other facts may mean that we have found her, your Hanna/Johanna. We"ll hold the remaining information until you get back to us.

Susanna
  SVAR 2009-10-22 21:06

I can"t begin to tell you how grateful I am to the both of you for your help.  I have been searching for information on her for over a year.  I am jubilant to get even this much.  Thank you so very much.  What more can I provide that would help in confirming this is her?  I have a picture of a woman with the name Christina Johnson (American spelling obviously by whoever wrote on the back of the photo).  It reads grandmother and then Mrs. L.J. Gottberg"s mother.  We assumed that the Mrs. L.J. Gottberg referred to Hanna Jonssön and so that  meant that Christina Johnson was Hanna"s mother.  So, that would make sense if you found one with a mother"s name of Christina Olsdotter.  One thing that contines to perplex me is that I also have a photo taken in 1911 which shows a woman of about 30 something, a girl approximately aged 4, and a young boy aged abt 12.  The photo of the woman bears a striking resemblance to Hanna Johnson and it does in fact read on the back - Lily, Christina, and Henning followed by Mrs. L.J. Gottberg"s sister and children.  Part of my struggle has been that on a ship manifest I found, who I believed to be our Henning, and he listed his mother as being named Charlotte Nilsson (or Nelsson).  So, I had this contradiction.  The manifest read that his mother"s name was Charlotte, yet the photo we have reads Christina.  I had always believed Henning to be Hanna"s nephew, but because there was no one left to ask here in the U.S., I never knew for sure what his mother"s name truly was.  I"m assuming now that Charlotte was his mother and that the writing on this photo is incorrect.  And that indeed his mother was Charlotte, sister to Hanna.  I think that someone tried many, many years after Hanna was long gone to then write on the back of some photos and I"m guessing now that they were just wrong in some of the information they put on the back of the pictures.

Now, what am I to make of this Jonssön/Anderssön dual name thing?  I do not understand this.  I asked my mother (age 80, but still trying to discover her family heritage in Sweden) to call the town hall in Norwood, Ma (she still lives there) and she was able to learn that  the name on Hanna"s death certificate indicates that her father"s name was Anders. (It is unusual for a town hall to give information over the phone; usually they make you fill out a form, send it in with money and wait a week or more for the information to come to you via snail mail, so we were very glad to have someone tell us over the phone).  However, it is of course possible that  this information is incorrect.  I have to assume that her husband, L.J. Gottberg must have been the person who filled out the death certificate information.  I"m again, assuming that he got it wrong.  It certainly seems to make sense based on what you found that her father"s first name was in fact Jöns (hence the reason she indicated her name as being Jonsson when she traveled to the U.S.).  Hanna/Johanna died in 1938 in Norwood, Massachusetts..

I was so surprised that you were able to find information that indicated the name that Hanna used was  Andersson when she married L.Justus Gottberg in 1904.  You have that kind of info available to you?

The fact that Charlotte had two children out of wedlock would at least help to explain one thing that I have not understood.  It was perplexing to me that Hanna"s last name was Jonsson and her nephew, Henning was also a Jonsson.  The only thing I could figure was that perhaps Charlotte was a Jonsson and that she also married a Jonsson.  But, now I"m guessing, based on your findings, that Charlotte just gave her illegitimate son, Henning, her father"s name of  Jonsson.   

I also only just within the past two days learned that it was unlikely her name was Hanna, but rather was most likely Johanna.  I would have indicated her name as such had I known.

We had always believed that she emigrated to the U.S. in 1900, so that again seems to match with what you have found.

As for  moving around a lot I have this info which would seem to confirm that.  The photo we have which indicates it to be Johanna"s mother, Christina, was taken in Halmstad (Halland); a photo we have of Johanna"s sister (which indicates it to be Henning"s mother) was taken in Englelholm (now Angelholm; Skane) and the photo of Lily, Christina (which I now believe to really be Charlotte), & Henning was taken in Laholm (Halland).

As for Johanna"s brother --- I also have a photo which reads Ma"s brother, wife and daughter; followed by Mr. & Mrs. Andes Lundberg and Anna.  I"m assuming that this was written  by one of Johanna/Hanna"s daughters, hence the photo would be of Hanna/Johanna"s brother.  And once again, I believe that the writer made a mistake and it in fact should have read Anders, not Andes.  Now why the last name of Lundberg, I have no idea.

Would you be able to tell me any other siblings of Hanna/Johanna"s?  And also is there any indication of any other names associated with Hanna/Johanna?  We"ve never known if she had, what we would call, a middle name.

For what it"s worth, in a photo of just Lily --- written on the back is Lily Olson, Henning"s sister, died 1978, Mrs. L.J. Gottberg"s sister"s daughter.   Again, I would assume this to be a picture of Hanna/Johanna"s sister"s child (now believed to be Charlotte,  not Christina as the other photo indicates).  In the photo Lily is believed to be about 3 or 4 thus putting her dob as abt 1907.  I don"t know if this helps assure that  this is the right family, but thought I would add it in case it helps.
And also while you"ve indicated that Henning was born in 1892, that seems too early.  The photo of him and his mother was taken in 1911.  He appears to be closer to 12 or possibly 13, but I would find it hard to believe he was 19 as he would need to be if his dob was actually 1892.  I do think he was born in Laholm however.

Please let me know if there is anymore that you need from me to help with cofirming Hanna/Johanna"s family.  I have included a couple of the photos.  If you compare the photo of Charlotte/Christina to the photo of Hanna/Johanna you can see the resemblance.  I also see quite a resemblance between Henning as a 12/13 year old and what would be his uncle, Anders.  I also included the photo we have allegedly of Hanna/Johanna"s mother, Christina.

Again, please know how very grateful I am for your help.  I will be waiting eagerly to see what other information there is on Hanna/Johanna"s family.

Best Regards,

Karen

It appears that I can only attach one photo per message so I have included the photo of Hanna"s sister, Charlotte (that we have recorded as Christina), and her children, Lily Olson, and Henning.
  SVAR 2009-10-22 21:52

Hello,
It seems that the photo didn"t come through.  I will try again.
  SVAR 2009-10-23 16:58

Good morning Karen! 

I"m sorry if it took some time to get back to you. Bo and I are pleased to announce that we have your family "history" including a chart that will explain quite a bit. For instance, the year of birth of Henning William was wrong in the census of 1900, he was indeed born on June 22 1899. So, if you"re ready to receive the family chart please let me know your email address and I will send it to you!

Reg. the Massachusetts vital records where I found Gottberg"s marriage, some are available online (indexed) for the earlier years 1841-1910. It"s a well hidden database launched by the archives in MA, but such a wonderful resource.

OK, hope to hear from you soon.

All my best (from Bo as well)

Susanna
  SVAR 2009-10-23 19:05

Hello Susanna,

Oh, my word.  I am so excited.  I can hardly wait to see it.  Thank you again so very much to you and Bo.  What a wonderful thing it is you do.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  My e-mail address is kek727@aol.com.

And thank you for the information about the Massachusetts database.  I had no idea it existed.

Best Regards,

Karen
  SVAR 2013-05-27 15:12

Hello  Karen,
Johanna   Hanna  Johnson born 11 September 1879 Laholm landsforsamling  Halland Sweden. Father Jöns Andersson mother Christina Olsdotter. place of  birth Ostorp no 1  outside Laholm - pagina 293   in the husforhorslangd i.e.  Östorp 1   (Oestorp).
Johanna is the sister of Charlotta johnson - born 12 August 1870 Laholm Sweden .   Charlotta"s children   Henning William born 22 June  1899 - not 1892,   Lilly Hildegard  born  29 Aug 1908 Laholm Sweden , Hilma Kristina born 30 Sept 1890  Laholm Arnaberga 1  Sweden. My name is  Anita   and  Lilly Hildegard  is the ancester of my grandchildren .

2013-05-27_Laholms-landsfoersamling-C-2-1861-1890-Bild-155-sid-54_____JOHANNA_JOHNSON___BORN_11_SEPT_1879___LAHOLM__oeSTORP_1__FOLIO_293_LANDSFoeRSAML_JoeNS_ANDERSSON_KRISTINA_OLSDOTTER.jpg
  SVAR 2013-05-27 15:14

Hello  Karen,
Johanna   Hanna  Johnson born 11 September 1879 Laholm landsforsamling  Halland Sweden. Father Jöns Andersson mother Christina Olsdotter. place of  birth Ostorp no 1  outside Laholm - pagina 293   in the husforhorslangd i.e.  Östorp 1   (Oestorp).
Johanna is the sister of Charlotta johnson - born 12 August 1870 Laholm Sweden .   Charlotta"s children   Henning William born 22 June  1899 - not 1892,   Lilly Hildegard  born  29 Aug 1908 Laholm Sweden , Hilma Kristina born 30 Sept 1890  Laholm Arnaberga 1  Sweden. My name is  Anita   and  Lilly Hildegard  is the ancester of my grandchildren .

2013-05-27_Laholms-landsfoersamling-C-2-1861-1890-Bild-155-sid-54_____JOHANNA_JOHNSON___BORN_11_SEPT_1879___LAHOLM__oeSTORP_1__FOLIO_293_LANDSFoeRSAML_JoeNS_ANDERSSON_KRISTINA_OLSDOTTER.jpg
Skriv ditt svar / enter your answer
Lämna så utförliga uppgifter du kan!
Problem att skriva i textrutan ovan? Använder du Internet Explorer kan du behöva slå på Kompatibilitetsvyn. Läs mer här!
Bifoga en bild (gif eller jpg, max 500 kB) och ange källan / attach image and specify the source
Varifrån kommer bilden? (ange både bildleverantör t ex Arkiv Digital, SVAR samt volym+sida)
Klicka på Bläddra för att välja fil. Om du vill ha läshjälp är det lämpligt att lägga in en bild av källan.
Ditt namn / your name
Svaret visas under frågan på webbsidan, men skickas också till frågeställaren (om denne angett epostadress).
Forumregler och integritetspolicy (uppdaterad senast 2018-09-13)

Du är själv rättsligt ansvarig för innehållet i ditt inlägg. Text och bild med annan upphovsman än dig själv kräver dennes godkännande. Kortare citat av text är tillåtet med angivande av källa.

Att lägga in utsnitt av bilder från t ex Arkiv Digital med flera leverantörer av digitaliserade handlingar är tillåtet, om du anger varifrån bilden kommer.

Det är inte tillåtet att nämna nu levande personer, om dessa inte givit sitt uttryckliga medgivande. Undvik också att nämna känsliga uppgifter inom sekretessgränsen på 70 år, t ex dödsorsaker.

Efterlysningsforum är inte förmodererat, förutom ett visst skydd mot spam. Dock kan hela eller delar av inlägg raderas som strider mot gällande lagar, vars innehåll bedöms som oetiskt eller omoraliskt, eller bedöms som helt ovidkommande för detta forum. Även viss redigering och omflyttning för att underlätta överblickbarhet och navigering kan ske.

Endast de uppgifter du själv lägger in (inlägg, ditt namn och epostadress) sparas. Epostadressen är frivillig. Uppgifter sparas för närvarande utan något tidsgräns, eftersom även äldre trådar kan ha ett värde och kan kompletteras vid behov. Du har rätt att få ditt namn och epostadress borttaget om du vill. Scangen förbehåller sig rätten att någon gång i framtiden rensa äldre inlägg.

Genom att skriva ett inlägg godkänner du som användare att det sker utan ekonomisk ersättning.

Respektera de rubriker som finns för efternamn, förnamn, plats, tidpunkt och händelse. Skriv alltså inte "läshjälp" eller andra upplysningar där som hör hemma i själva frågan. Skriv inte hela rubriken endast i ett fält.

Spam loggas och åtgärder vidtas om missbruk fortsätter. Serverplatsen för Scangen tillhandahålls av Scorpion Data, vars servrar har högsta säkerhet och ligger i Sverige.

Genom att sända in ett inlägg accepterar du dessa regler. Reglerna kan komma att uppdateras i framtiden.

Översyn av reglerna har skett som anpassning till de nya EU-reglerna rörande GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).

Donera

Nu kan intresserade hjälpa till att skapa nästa utgåva av Sveriges Dödbok!

Sveriges Släktforskarförbund kommer 2023 ge ut nummer 9 i den populära serien, som omfattar åren 1815-2022.

Vi behöver nu frivilliga att registrera åren 1800-1814. Klicka på bilden och läs mer, se var vi behöver hjälp och anmäl ditt intresse!

ANNONS

KÖP FRÅN SVERIGES SLÄKTFORSKARFÖRBUNDS BOKHANDEL

© ScanGen och Anders Berg - optimerad för Firefox och Internet Explorer - om cookies